All submissions must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, and must include the following information:
-Student submissions: Your name, age, school, and a contact email or postal address*.
-Adult submissions: Your name and a short bio (for teacher, librarian, authors, or artists), and a contact email or postal address*.
*We'll never share your information with anyone outside of the editorial team!
-Your original creation - follow specific guidelines below:
Please send us your....
- Visual Self-Portraits
- Please send original artwork that shows us something interesting, dynamic, or important about who you are. (Think self-portrait, not selfie!)
- Any artistic medium acceptable
- Please send a high-resolution digital scan as an attachment
- Tell us about a moment, realization, encounter, or struggle that changed your sense of self in some way. Show us what has changed you profoundly, hurt you deeply, or lifted you up to a new and better place.
- This could include, but is not limited to: race, gender, religion, relationships with parents, body image, sexuality, mental and physical health, friendships, abuse, recovery
- Please keep written submissions under 1,500 words
- Include in body of e-mail or as a Word document attachment
- Music and Lyrics
- Printed lyrics only and written instrumental compositions with or without lyrics may be submitted as an attachment
- In addition, you may submit a video or audio recording of yourself (and your band) playing the submitted song. Any recording or video of original music must already be uploaded to YouTube - provide link.
- All material submitted must be original. Any persons in a video or audio clip must be notified and provide written permission prior to publication. Any submission found to be plagiarized will quickly be discarded.
- If your submission is selected for publication, you will be contacted by one of our editors with further instructions and a release/permission form.